FCAK Sponsoring a Tournament this WEEK!

The Filipino Chess Association of Kuwait (FCAK) is sponsoring a tournament that starts this FRIDAY (AUGUST 7th).

The entrance fee is 3 kd and the players each have 45 minutes per game.

Call Emmanuel Ygpuara for more detail. His no. = 65101844

Advertisements

About Khaled

I am a chess fan who would like to see chess grow in Kuwait. I am sure there are a lot of people like me here and this site is for you.

16 thoughts on “FCAK Sponsoring a Tournament this WEEK!

1. james says:

Hi Khalid,can you post the results of the games played last friday,August 7,2009,what is the starting time of this tournament Khalid,thanks

2. kadsawy says:

Hey James! I will post the results as soon as I get them from Mr. Oliver (the organizer of the tourney).
    But I can tell you a few quick facts.
    1) A total of 18 players entered this tourney.
    2) I don’t think anybody had any draws.
    3) Time control if 45 minutes with NO increment.
    4) The tourney has 9 rounds total.
    5) Each round takes place every Friday at around 6:00 P.M.
    6) The tourney will last 9 weeks.

3. Khaled says:

Also, the updates to this site will be delayed because I no longer have internet access at home. Once I re-establish connection, this site will be updated more frequently.

4. james says:

hi khalid,what are the results of the second round?,i was there this evening but i didnt finished all the games,thanks for the site,its a nice one,and a very inter active one

5. kadsawy says:

It’s a shame i didnt see you there. I arrived a bit late. Anyhow, the results will be posted as soon as I get them from Mr. Revidad. Basically, they will probably be up no later than Tuesday.

6. Anonymous says:

why dont post results tournment fcak

7. kadsawy says:

Hello. I just received the results today. tomorrow or thursday max, they will be posted.

• james says:

hi khalid,congrats for your game yesterday,actually i am one of the players p[articipating on this tournament,i lost yesterdays game,time forfiet,long time of trying to find a winning line,i have a queen and a pawn vs a rook and 2 pawns,its a blitz game afterwards,,,better luck next time for me,hheheehe,i am sitting besides you last nyt at your right side

8. kadsawy says:

Really?? What didn’t you say something man hahaha:) Next time we sit next to each other, say hi khaled, im james! lool. Anyways, I actually was too focused on my game and didn’t see the other games until I finished ;p

• james says:

hi khalid,is the open chess tournament usually held every month of September so that i can arrange my local leave on that month next year,coz i really wanted to participate for this ramahdan tournament but its very difficult for me to arrange my duty schedule,,,,

9. james says:

hi khalid,gudam,i have one question,is ramahdan tournament organized by kuwait chess club usually held every month of September

10. kadsawy says:

Hey Ferdie 🙂 It usually takes place in the middle of every Ramadan. Next year, Ramadan will start 2 weeks earlier than this year. So it will probably start next year On August 20 or something like that.
    As for this tourney, it is mainly sponsored by Shiekh Dawoud Al Sabah and the Taher Law Firm Group. Kuwait Society of Engineers and Kuwait chess Federation are also contributing to the tournament.

• james says:

hi khalid,gudam,can i have your cp number or email ad so that i can ad u in my yahoo messenger coz i still have so many things to ask for you still or about chess,hehehe,thanks

11. kadsawy says:

🙂 Sure man, no problem. I’ll send it soon. Or even better, I will tell you my number on Friday 🙂

12. Asfand yar khan says:

Hy Khalid ,when is the opening of the coming tournament could you please inform me at my email adress.Thankyou