HELLO CHESS FANS OF KUWAIT!
I know everybody is excited about the upcoming tournament. This is the biggest chess-tournament that Kuwait has every year. All the best players in the country play and have a good time. Last year, we had over 90 people join this tournament. Out of the 90, Mr. Yaghshi won the tournament with a 7.0 score out of 9 rounds.The tournament is sponsored by Shiekh Dawoud Salman Al Sabah. The other sponsors are Mcdonald’s and Red Bull. So there will be free coffee, drinks, and red bull. Some people brought thier own drinks from Starbucks and other nearby cafe’s. Here are a few other details.
Remember Call Khalaf Al Azmi or Sami Ayoub to Register for the Tournament. Thier numbers are in the previous posts. Here is the Schedule:
- The tournament has 9 rounds.
- The tournament lasts 10 days (1 break day).
- Round 1: November 12
- Round 2: November 13
- Round 3: November 14
- Round 4: November 15
- Round 5: November 16
- BREAK DAY: NO GAME ON NOV. 17
- Round 6: November 18
- Round 7: November 19
- Round 8: November 20
- Final Round and Closing Ceremony: November 21.
- It is open to anyone, including titled or not titled players.
- The Entrance Fee = 10KD
- The time control is 90 Minutes + 30 seconds increment.
- The games start at 7:30PM. Last round starts an hour earlier.
- The prize fund is around 1000KD.
- And the top ten players get prizes:
- 1st place = 300KD
- 2nd place = 200KD
- 3rd place = 150KD
- 4th place = 100KD
- 5th-10th places = 50KD