Hello again loyal chess-fans of Kuwait and beyond,
Here is an update to the tournament that is currently being held in the Kuwait Chess Federation. Due to the low number of participants, the number of rounds have been reduced from 9 til 7. And the playing days is now 3 days a week instead of 4 days as initially posted.
Also in the other news, an unbelievable game was played yesternight between Waleed Al Awadhi (white) and Bader Al Hajeri (black). It ended in a rather short period. It took only 32 moves till Al Hajeri resigned! Yes, you read it right. Bader Al Hajeri was defeated yesterday in a quick game. As Bader said in the post-game analysis, I was making too many mistakes from early on. I knew the best move, but I didn’t play it. He also said, he made at least 5 major mistakes.
These mistakes cost Al Hajeri the game. But not the tournament. If the top-seed of the tournament lost, that truly does mean that the trophy is truly anybody’s. Come down and join us for a couple of games. It is sad to have a limited amount of players. But in a way, it gives it a different feel.
Without further adieu, here’s the pairings for round 3:
- Ibrahim Shehab vs. Florentino Silao
- Fayiq Kanan vs. Taher Al Khateeb
- Ahmed Hosni vs. Waleed Al Awadhi
- Faizur Rahman vs. Reda Ahmed
- Bader Al Hajeri vs. Basir Cosain
- Khaled Al Hashem vs. Moh’d Abdulmohsin
- Eid Mohamed vs. Dr. Ahmed Al Shikh
- Ashraf Majed vs. Ala’a AbduLatif
- Abdullah Salah vs. Nizar Kanan
- Abdulwahab Al Atiqi vs. Zakariya Afifi
- Nasser Maqseed vs. Magdi Tawfiq
- Khaled Al Jiwasri vs. Sajan Vargughese
- Ra’ed Al Ahmadya vs. Yousif Ahmed
- Nour Al Dein vs. Dr. Asim Ahmed
- Omran Al Moussawi vs. Amer Al Amer
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ:
- NUMBER OF ROUNDS REDUCED TO 7
- 3 GAMES PER WEEK.
- NEXT ROUND STARTS ON SATURDAY AT 7:00PM