It’s a few minutes past midnight, so I guess I could say that “tonights” games will be the final round for the March Open Chess Tournament of 2010.
Here’s a quick round up of what happened. Bader Al Hajeri, unsurprisingly defeated Florentino Silao leaving both players with 5.0 points each. Now there are several players vowing for the top spots. If Silao wins tonight, then he will be crowned champion, even if Bader Al Hajeri wins as well. If on the other hand Bader wins and Silao draws, then Bader will win. So Basically, the games on the top three boards will be cut-throat.
We also have Nasser Al Maqseed and Waleed Al Awadhi playing on the top boards as well. In the end, the scores are so close that it’s anybody’s game.
Anyways, here is the final round pairing: And as you can see, there are only 11 boards left. It’s funny that in 7 rounds, we lost 30% of the players. We started with 32 players and now we are down to 22 players (I think less even).
Round 7 Pairings: (no scores available. Final standing will be made available soon.)
- Bader Al Hajeri vs. Zakariya Afifi
- Florentino Silao vs. Naser Al Maqsed
- Ibrahim Shehab vs. Waleed Al Awadhi
- Eid Mohamed vs. Ahmed Hosni
- Fayiq Kanan vs. Faizur Rahman
- Basir Cosain vs. Ala’a Abdul Latif
- Khaled Al Hashem vs. Taher Al Khateeb
- Nizar Kanan vs. Nour Al Dein
- Dr. Al Shikh vs. Sajan Vargughese
- Abdulwahab Al Atiqi vs. Maqdi Tawfiq
- Amer Al Amer vs. Reda Ahmad