October 7, 2009 by Khaled FCAK Final Round Pairings for 9/10/2009 Carandang VS. Ygpuara Panuelos VS. Revidad Macapaz VS. Maqseed Khaled VS. Bugay Hajeri VS. Cayabyab Sarsalejo VS. Zapanta Ali VS. Zacarias Tinsay VS. Hussain Cornelio VS. Greg Munir VS. Silao Bahamany VS. Garanganao GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... Related About Khaled I am a chess fan who would like to see chess grow in Kuwait. I am sure there are a lot of people like me here and this site is for you. View all posts by Khaled →
thanks khaleed…..i need luck tomorrow….
Hahahaha… a lot of us need it, including me 🙂
i have beaten ric,by luck…..now i need more luck to beat ryan……
dont worry about it.. just stay calm.. he plays fast and confidently and aggressively. you can even draw maybe ;p
hi khaled,u just miss ur golden oppurtunity with ur game tonight,there was a mating line there when u move ur queen to h6,either mate in Qh7 or Qg7 depending on what bugay will move,neway,ur running out of time also,hehehe,nice game actually,
Man, i saw that. He takes the pawn on f6, than i take his pawn on h7 with check, and than there is no mate 😦 Thats completely lost for me..
Even Oliver told me a variation where I sacrifice a rook for a queen, even that loses.. 😦 The only way to have a completely winning postion is to take the pawn on g6 with my pawn on f5 and attack with all my pieces.. That way, i win his queen by force and also have a mating attack.
1. d4 c5 2. d5 b5 3. e4 a6 4. a4 b4 5. c4 d6 6. Bg5 g6 7. b3 Bg7 8. Ra2 Nf6 9. Bxf6 Bxf6 10. Ne2 0-0 11. g3 e6 12. Nd2 exd5 13. cxd5 Re8 14. Bg2 Nd7 15. 0-0 a5 16. Kh1 Ba6 17. f4 Nb6 (threatening to take the pawn on d5 with the knight and than taking the knight on e2 with the bishop)
18. Re1 (defends the knight) c4! 19. bxc4 Nxc4 20. Nxc4 Bxc4 21. Rd2 Qd7 22. Nd4 Bxd4? 23. Rxd4 Rec8 24. e5 b3
25. e6 Qxa3?? (Taking the pawn loses the game for black, according to Fritz 11)
26. exf7+ Kxf7 27. f5! Qd7 28. Re6! a4
29. Qg4? (better is taking the pawn on g6 with pawn on f5, than checking the black king wth the other rook. This will activate all the major pieces.)
29. … Kg7 30. Qg5 Ra7 31. f6+ Kh8 32. Re7 b2 33. Rd1 Qf5? (Drops the rook on a7)
34. QxQ pxQ
35. Rxa7 (Fritz says I have a 1.78 pawn advantage. Due to time pressure, I thought I was losing because of his passed pawns)
35. … Bd3 36. Rb7 a3
37. RxB?? (I was in time pressure and This move loses the game for me. Better is playing Bf3 and Kg2 after, holding white the advantage)
37. … a2! (Now black will queen.)
38. Bf1 a1=Q 39. Kg2 b1=Q (White lost on time.)
khaled yes you are right…..he place confidently…….we ened up me having a knight and queen,him having a knight ,rook,and bishop….having a queen is much superior…….he just gave me a friendly game….:P