Another night of chess games finished this evening. The end result is that only four out of the 31 players remain undefeated. And those top four players are all playing on the top two boards. They are: Florentino Silao, Fairuz Rahman, Ahmed Hosni, and Fayiq Kanan.
Apart from the undefeated players, Bader Al Hajeri, the top seed of this tournament, sacrificed his queen and bishop for a lovely checkmating combination that Basir Cosain overlooked.
Taher Al Khateeb was not so lucky today against Fayiq Kanan. Taher sacrificed a rook, bishop, and knight for a queen. Turned out great for Fayiq. Initially, Taher was on the complete offensive. And Fayiq defended wonderfully. In fact, during this attack, Fayiq managed to gobble up a few pawns free. And in the end, Fayiq claimed an excellent win against one of the champs of Kuwait.
Other surprises was that Ahmad Jad Al Rab was able to visit the players today. He was spotted analyzing Ibrahim Shehab’s game against Florentino Silao. Shehab was playing on board 1 and Silao won this round as well.
Anyways, I know you are mainly in this site to view the pairings for the next round, which will be on Monday at 7:00PM.
- Florentino Silao vs. Faizur Rahman (3.0 PTS)
- Ahmed Hosni vs. Fayiq Kanan
- Reda Ahmed vs. Bader Al Hajeri (2.0 PTS)
- Mohamed Abdulmohsin vs. Nizar Kanan
- Taher Al Khateeb vs. Mohamed Qabazard
- Ala’a Abdul-latif vs. Ibrahim Shehab
- Walid Al Awadhi vs. Nasir Maqseed
- Zakariya Afifi vs. Eid Mohamed
- Sajan Vargughese vs. Yousif Ahmed (1.5 PTS)
- Basir Cosain vs. Khaled Al Hashem (1.0 PTS)
- Nour Al Dein vs. Abdullah Salah
- Dr. Al Shikh vs. Abdulwahab Al Atiqi
- Omran A Moussawi vs. Ashraf Majed
- Magdi Tawfiq vs. Raed Al Ahmadiya
- Khalid Al Jiwasri vs. Amer Al Amer
- Dr. Asim 1:0 BYE