SHARG TOURNAMENT COMING SOON!!!

It has been confirmed!

The Sharg Mall tournament will take place in about 2 weeks!

So in 2 weeks, the tournament will begin! My source says that he is finalizing all small details.

SO GET READY PEOPLE AND HAVE YOUR OPENINGS PREPARED 🙂

Advertisements

About Khaled

I am a chess fan who would like to see chess grow in Kuwait. I am sure there are a lot of people like me here and this site is for you.

9 thoughts on “SHARG TOURNAMENT COMING SOON!!!

1. Navaneeth says:

Hii

Just want to know about the tournament schedule. I am assuming that it will be like one round per day for 9 days continously. If that is the case, at what time normally the round starts. You can say from your experience from last year’s tournament.

Thanks
    Navaneeth

2. kadsawy says:

Hi Navaneeth,

Yes! 1 round per day and there is 9 rounds. The tournament lasts 10 days. There is one day break in between the rounds. And the rounds usually start at 7 P.M.

Hope that helped 🙂

–Khaled–

3. basem h.z says:

hi everyone i will do my best in sharq tournament this year
    so .. becarfull and sharp your self .
    JUST ONE COMMENT ( why the rate did not updated since 6 years ago ) i wonder why . ?
    good luck for every chess player ….

my best regard

4. kadsawy says:

Hi Basem!

The rate didn’t change because Kuwait Chess Federation is not funded by the government anymore. So basically, no one is willing to do the job for nothing 🙂 hehehe!!

Anyways, good luck to you too

–Khaled the Super GM–

5. Ananda says:

hi

1. Are there GMs or IMs participating in this tournment?
    2. Who was the highest rated player played here and what was his FIDE rating?

Thanks,
    Ananda.

6. kadsawy says:

Hello Ananda!

There will be several players with an ELO rating above 2000!
    I believe, there will be only one player who has a FIDE title.
    Ahmad Emad Taha is a FIDE MASTER from Egypt. He will surely play.

7. Ananda says:

Dear Kadsawy,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Please accept my heartfelt appreciation for your great effort towards maintaining a site about chess in Kuwait.

God bless you,
    Ananda.

8. kadsawy says:

Thank you Ananda!!!

This is the kind of response that makes this all worth while 🙂

If you need anything else, don’t hesistate to ask.

Sincerly,
    –Khaled the Super GM–

9. Kina says:

Thanks for any other informative site. Where else may I am getting that type
    of info written in such a perfect way? I’ve a undertaking
    that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the look out
    for such info.